Saturday, January 3, 2009

No. 225: songs

b/c i probably won't have time to post them tomorrow, here are the last 7 songs of Hannah's 2008 Songs to Live To. It's been fun.

1. Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell: I have always loved Joni Mitchell, and this song, though a little melodramatic, is really beautiful and encapsulates the year pretty well.
2. The View - Modest Mouse: Probably one of my favorite Modest Mouse songs. Favorite line, also encapsulating much of the year: "We are fixed right where we stand."
3. Beast of Burden - Rolling Stones: Oddly poignant moments of my year have taken place to Rolling Stones songs.
4. New Year's Eve - The Walkmen: Ovious.
5. The New Year -Death Cab for Cutie: Also obvious... but a bunch of the lyrics describe my sentiment on New Year's day.
6. When the Rain Comes - Third Day: Fred and I sitting around the dining room table hanging out yesterday listening to Third Day. Not a bad second day of the year.
7. Golden Slumbers - The Beatles: In honor of the conclusion of this playlist. I hope you've enjoyed some of our musical adventures.




HS.

No comments: