Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No. 227: film

there are certain movies you see after they've been out for a long time, after they've been heavily talked about, that you finally see and they turn out to actually be good! these films actually elicit the response, "oh! my gosh, this is good!" makes me feel like popular taste isn't always totally wrong. and i guess that's all i've got to say about that.

  • big lebowski
  • uncle buck
  • benny & joon
  • my cousin vinny
  • annie hall
  • shogun assassin
  • the scarlet pimpernel
  • reality bites
  • across the universe
  • don't look back
  • hellyboy II (i'm not kidding. see this.)
  • what's up, doc?
" -so, my therapist.
- oh, you're in therapy?
- aren't you?"


hs

2 comments:

Greg said...

Hellboy I and II were sick.

I respectfully disagree with your inclusion of Across the Universe- they were trying too hard at incorporating Beatles songs rather than creating a cohesive plot.

No love for Godfather part I or II? You just recently saw both did you not?

¡hannah! said...

yo-- i've definitely seen the godfather i and ii many many times. but yeah, maybe across the universe makes sense, too.