Thursday, April 2, 2009

no. ___ (the one where she's gets all nostalgic)

"the city"
by: the dismemberment plan
(for EVA and posse kids-- a brief story:

my friend mac came to visit me on his way down from Maine to Georgia and we had a music swap. he had never heard of "the dismemberment plan, black moth super rainbow, spank rock, girl talk, mr. matt diamond, mr. wkc, countless others"... so i made him listen to all that and some other people. it made me ubersentimental so i blooged about you. *nerd*)
herewego.

now i notice the street lamps hum
the ghosts of graffiti they couldn't quite erase,
the blank faced stares
on the subways as people go home.
the parks lay empty like my unmade bed
the streets are silent like my lifeless telephone
and this is where i live
but i've never felt less at home.

so i’m not unsympathetic
i see why you left
there’s no one to know
there’s nothing to do
the city’s been dead
since you’ve been gone…

sometimes i stand on my roof at night
and watch as something seems to happen
somewhere else
i feel like a breeze could pick me up
and carry me away.
out and over this iridescent grid
up and away
from the bar fights and neon lights
Out and away
from everything that makes me what i am
so i’m not unsympathetic
i see why you left
there's no one to know, there's nothing to do
the city's been dead
since you've been gone.

well i've never had
just whatever it is
you want baby
oh, i really tried
tried and tried with all my might
made me crazy
to try to figure out what it is i’ve done wrong
every time when
everything i love, everything I hold dear
heads out sometime
all i ever say
now
is good-bye
"six times"


... i was with you guys when i first heard that . i've now passed it on. so hi y'all.

<3 h

1 comment:

Kev said...

Was that Mac as in YSS Mac?

Cuz that's pretty cool.