Friday, March 6, 2009

No. 235: just wants to know the reason why

Read this. It's horrible.

This is what's going on in the world. I know it's not my fault and right now, there's probably nothing I can do about it. It just makes me so mad. This morning, I woke up in my apartment. I got ready and dressed and went to work for a few hours. After that, I went to the grocery store, picked up some cosmetics and stuff to cook for the next couple of days. I drove home. I called my mom on my cell phone. She's at home, relaxing on her day off of work. In Afghanistan, a 7 year old girl was raped by a guy 40 years older than her.

It made me sick to my stomach. They're so young. And wives, if they leave their husbands, have to beg and try to protect themselves in a country where a woman alone can be legally beaten to death in the street. It's getting worse.

Part of me thinks that I should just go over there. Do work with an organization or something. But I'm a woman, so it's not like talking to the people perpetrating this horrible crap will be open minded about my feelings that they're violating the spirit of their culture by doing this.

anyway... later I'm going to get a hair cut, read, watch a movie with my friends and try not to die of shame.

hs

No comments: