Friday, March 13, 2009

No. 236: shiny shiny

My parents are awesome and got me a new MacBook b/c my old laptop had reached the end of its glorious life. Goodbye, PC.
The world of Mac is at once confusing and simple. I love hotkeys. I love them. Carlos spent a good hour telling me stuff about my computer and I'm totally sold. Neil keeps telling Mom that she should replace her old PC with a Mac instead of a Dell. If you know my Mom, plug the Mac as well. I was so skeptical about Mac, so when people insult my new computer (cough Sam), I have to sympathize with them. But go check it out before you judge. It's lovey. And it comes with chess.

I've done really nothing today except eat an egg, read some Shakespeare and play on this thing. Dad soundly beat me at chess a couple of times. I'm never going to get good but for some reason I still enjoy playing. Scrabble is another game which has sucked me in but I find I'm actually able to win that sometimes. Fred was supposed to come up today but he's not feeling good and the weather is crap for walking around anyway, so here I sit in my comfy chair, waiting until I feel like dropping off my paper @ Dell House and going over to Jenny's to finish my laundry.

Jen and Bob are getting married tomorrow, congrats. Sunday: St. Patty's Day parade in Baltimore. Come up and have a good time with me!

Spoon is playing in PA. Greg, Carlos and I were gonna try to get tickets. If not to that show, then Of Montreal is also coming and I'd really like to see them. I'm still hoping a miracle is gonna snag me Animal Collective tix. A girl can dream.


HS

No comments: