Sunday, March 15, 2009

No. 237: Kings

I'm pretty excited for this new NBC jazz, Kings. Mostly b/c of Ian McShane who I LOVE. I think it's going to be interesting b/c it's based off of the story of King David (and oddly, a little of Esther in there). TV has been doing that well lately. The Sopranos was Greek Tragedy. Deadwood was Shakespeare. Now we're going to have Old Testament on television. This could be good or bad, but theirs engaging history there and if they handle it right, it will be highly watchable. I want another award for McShane, anyway, so hopefully this will give him an opportunity and boost NBC.

Today's the St. Patty's Day parade. Though none of the homies I'd expected are coming, it will still be good to see my family and miss Annie is accompanying me. I look forward to mummers but not rain. We'll see how it goes.

H.

No comments: