Wednesday, March 18, 2009

no. 239: music day

Wednesday is going to be music day. 5 songs you should listen to delivered each week on Wednesdays.
  1. (Nothing But) Flowers by Talking Heads - Rediscovered this by random today when uploading music to Fred's iPod. It's so fun. All RISD kis, btw.
  2. Love and Happiness by Al Green- It was on the episode of House Matt and I watched last night. Second season, I think, where the cute blond girl is poisoning her husband with gold. Suuuch a great song. The opening notes are some of my favorite in all of music history. It promises to you that you are going to enjoy what's coming.
  3. Woke Up This Morning (Chosen One Mix) by Alabama 3- You know this to be the Sopranos theme song. The original isn't as compelling, I think. The beat is so great though, and as the theme song, it goes up against what are arguably the best opening credits to any show ever. Excepting maybe House.
  4. My Girls by Animal Collective- Reason why this song is awesome: "I don't mean/to seem like I care about/ material things/ (like my social stats)/ I just want/ four walls and adobe slats/ for my girls!"
  5. Song Of Hope by Robbie Seay Band- One of my favorite worship songs. "Just to know that you are near is enough". It's a good reminder that we're not left by ourselves down here.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Now, I should go work on my short story..... so... I'm going to do that. Right now. Riiiight now.

hs

1 comment:

Chef Beercan said...

Good picks! I work for Alabama 3 and they're still putting out great music, love those guys.

and the Al Green tune is a beast, be sure to dig out the Lee Scratch Perry version if you dont know it